Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Flowers and More Flowers

My BFF, Stephanie, is having a pixie (Tinker Bell) party for her daughter's 7th birthday this weekend. She asked me if I wanted to help and I told her to pass whatever she wanted my way. So, yesterday she showed up at my house with a bag full of supplies asking to help her make some hair clips and tissue paper flowers.

Task number one take these supplies...





...and turn them into beautiful hair clips. So I spent about an hour and a half of quality time with my glue gun and this is what I got.





Pretty! Yes? I was so happy with the way they turned out! The metallic butterflies turned out so beautiful on the flowers!



With task number one completed, very successfully I might add, it was on to task number two, tissue paper flowers. Supplies included tissue paper and pipe cleaners.



Cut the tissue into rectangles, do a quick accordion fold, wrap a pipe cleaner around it, pull them open and you get flowers! Of course you can mix it up a bit by using multiple colors and trimming the ends differently.



Pretty! Here's a few of my favorites.







You would think after all that fun I would be done for the day but no such luck. After all that I went over to Stephanie's house and we continued folding paper flowers until about 11 pm! All that crafty fun fit in to just one day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow those are so pretty! How come you never come to my house to help me with crafty stuff??? *sob* Guess you better go home now huh?

    ReplyDelete