Tuesday, September 21, 2010

For Baby Jude




My friend, Randi, is expecting her first baby next month and I went to her baby shower this last Saturday.  It was a lot of fun!  Her mom threw the party and she had some incredible food and some fun games.  I, of course, wanted to make her something special for her gift.  I love making baby blankets and so that's what I decided to make.  I found an elephant fabric at JoAnns that I thought would make the perfect applique.  I appliqued the elephant and embroidered the baby's name, Jude, on a super soft fleece and used a coordinating blue with polka dots for the back and wrap around binding.  I'm really pleased with it and think it turned out super cute!

2 comments:

  1. It is super super cute! Jude is one lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to hold back the tears. I love it! Thank you Melissa!

    ReplyDelete