So I'm a bit behind in posting these but here are the outfits I made (with much help from my BFF, Stephanie) for my kidlets for Independence Day.
For Christopher's outfit, we made a button up shirt and a pair of shorts from Butterick pattern 3475. The shirt fit perfectly but the shorts fit funny.
For Kaitlin's outfit, we made a shirt and shorts from Butterick pattern B4503. I loved the ruffles on the front of the shirt but it ended up a little short. These shorts also had problems so apparently I need to work on fitting shorts better.
For Isabella's outfit, we made a shirt and a pair of what I'm calling bubble shorts. The shirt was from Simplicity pattern 4203. It was by far my favorite piece and it fit and looked beautiful! The shorts are motification of the bloomers from Simplicity pattern 4709. I used the bloomer pattern and then added a cuff on the opening to create a cross between bloomers and shorts.
I had a lot of fun doing these outfit but I definitely need to work on getting a better fit when I sew shorts.