Thursday, July 9, 2009

Moon & Stars Baby Blanket

My friend, Stephanie, is making a baby blanket for a couple she knows that are having their first baby this month. She asked if I would embroider a little something on the corner of the blanket for her. I was happy to do it and here's what I came up with.

Baby Blanket with Moon & Stars

She wanted a moon and stars but pretty much left it up to me as to what to embroider. I think it turned out really cute but the picture doesn't really capture it very well. I used a white metallic thread mixed with the blue and so it's a lot more sparkly in real life. The large stars turned out a bit wonky. I blame this on the fact that I was embroidering on a knit fabric without a stabilizer. The moon applique and word "Baby" turned out beautiful though!

No comments:

Post a Comment