Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Maternity Wrap Top Part 1

My sister, Laurel, is pregnant with her second child and due in October. She recently found a great maternity top that she loved, however she didn't love the price tag. So she did a little research on the internet and found a great pattern that was pretty close to being the exact same top. Seeing as how she doesn't sew, she asked me if I would sew it together for her. I, being a kind and loving sister, said yes. The pattern is called Maternity Wrap Top by Megan Nielsen. It's made from 4 way stretch knit, which I confess, I have never sewn with before. Eek! The pattern looks pretty darn simple and she picked out a lovely purple fabric to have it made out of. First, of course, I cut it out. Like I said, I've never worked with a 4 way knit before and the wrap around part of the shirt is just a long rectangle that there is no pattern piece for, you just have to measure it out. So I was pretty nervous about cutting it out.





It turned out to be not too bad, I used my rotary cutter and my long ruler and it actually turned out to be pretty easy. I think it's going to be a pretty fun project!

No comments:

Post a Comment